Every Turkish citizen who has retired after many years of employment has the right to apply for a Bulgarian D visa. However, the most important requirement is that he or she can prove that he/she is retired. Another requirement is that the retired applicant proves that he/she can earn as much as the employee with lowest price in Bulgaria. In this article, we have compiled a list of documents and information available for retires to apply for a Bulgarian D visa. If you need more information, you can call our Euroasia Global Visa Services authorities for information and to apply for a retirement visa.
Required Documents for Bulgarian Retirement Visa
- Passport: The must be valid for at least 2 years.
- Biometric photograph: The photograph should be 35x45 mm with a white background.
- Proof of your retirement: The document should include information on which date, which allocation number and how much retired payment is attached and must be apostilled.
- Fully accurate sample of the population: It should be taken from the Population Directorate within the last 1 week, stamp and wet signature should be present.
- Criminal record: Translated by Bulgarian sworn translator approved by the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Apostilled.
- Lease Contract: A notary approved lease for the house in which Bulgaria will reside.
- Commitment Document: Should be notary approved from the landlord (declaring that the applicant will stay in his / her own home)
- Bank statement: A stamped, signed bank statement of the account with a maximum balance of 3000 Euro opened from the Bulgarian bank on behalf of the visa applicant must be submitted. It should be noted that this account was opened to get the salaries.
The documents prepared by retirees for Bulgaria D visa application must be translated into Bulgarian and notarized. You can do this kind of transactions easily and without wasting time through our office. If the retirees want to go to Bulgaria with their own vehicles, they are obliged to get 'Green Insurance'. You can get your green insurance within a day by contacting our officials.
Steps to apply for a Bulgarian residence permit for Retired People
1. Send your documents to our office by cargo:
After you receive information from our authorities about the current list of documents you have to submit during the D type visa application, you can prepare these documents and send them to our offices by cargo. Together with the documents you submit, our authorities will initiate visa application procedures on your behalf.
2. Our officials will inform you:
The most important part of visa procedures is the complete preparation of the documents. Because even a small mistake in your documents may result in your visa being rejected. For this reason, we recommend that you seek advice while preparing your documents.
Our office, which is accredited by the Consulate of Bulgaria, will check your documents as soon as they are received and inform you about your missing and incorrect documents. Visa authorities may ask you for additional documents or call for a face to face meeting if they seem it necessary while proceeding.
3. We make an appointment:
Bulgaria D visa applications are made consularly and personally. However, it may take some time to make an appointment with the agencies. When your documents are ready, our officials will contact you to make an appointment on the appropriate day and time. On the day of the appointment, you take your paperwork and deliver it to the consulate or the embassy. Then you expect your transactions to be finalized. Only the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria has the authority to decide whether your application will be positive or negative.
What is the next stage of D type visa application?
D type visa applications for retires can take between 45-90 days. However, this period may vary depending on the public holidays and intensity of the Bulgarian Consulate and Embassy.
Once you have issued your visa, you must go to Bulgaria and apply for a permanent residence permit. You must go to the Foreigners Department of the Police Department of the region where you will reside in Bulgaria and apply for a Residence Permit. You will have to go to the Foreigners Department in Bulgaria twice to apply. You will be able to manage this whole process with our officials.
You can also take your family (spouse and child under 18 years of age) with you after obtaining a residence permit in Bulgaria. To do this, you need to prepare the following documents:
- From your spouse: Full Registration Population Registration Example, Marriage Registration Example, Criminal Record.
- Your child: Birth Registration Sample, Population Registration Sample, Criminal Record, Consent Letter (that the mother is allowed to have a residence permit for her child).
- Commitment: Notarized document that you will cover the care and expenses of your family.
- A contract from the landlord who made the lease and the lease, stating that the applicant will remain in his / her home.
- Bank statement: A bank account with a balance of 3000 Euro in a Bulgarian bank.
Bulgaria Retirement Visa Fee
- There is a visa fee that you have to pay to evaluate your applications. Visa fees consist of the consular visa fee and the service fee of Euroasia GVS. Please contact our representatives for detailed information about the visa fee you have to pay for your applications.
- If you contact us through our call centers, we will send you an email about the list of documents you need to prepare for your application and the visa fee you have to pay.
- Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have after reviewing our email. We are happy to support you in your d visa applications which is the first step of long term residence permit.
- In order for your application to be processed by the relevant consulate unit, you must share the receipt with the authorities confirming that you have deposited the Bulgarian pension visa fee. Don't forget to include a receipt showing that the fee has been paid.
- Bulgarian Consulates don't charge visa fees for children under 12 years of age. Each consulate has a contracted bank. You can deposit your visa fee through the branches of the contracted banks.
- Retired persons should show the documents to Bulgaria Governorship. The documents should be apostilled. The documents must be translated by a Bulgarian sworn translator after being approved by the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry.
- Retired persons who receive D type Visa must go to Bulgaria's Foreigners Department of their home town and apply for a residence permit.
- The residence permit granted by retirees is valid for a certain period of time. A renewal application must be made no later than two weeks before the expiry date of the certificate.
- The documents submitted to the Consulate and Embassy of Bulgaria at the time of application must be two copies certified by the notary public as the original and original.